Request for Proposals
Have a great idea for BHS? We want to give you a fast and easy way to get funding for your inspiration. This year we are offering multiple opportunities for Planning Grants of up to $500-$1500 each, to help you implement your new idea. Grants are available to all faculty, individually, as a group, or to a faculty member who leads a student group.
The Innovation Fund supports our community’s culture of innovation, academic experimentation, interdisciplinary collaboration, and engagement with ideas beyond BHS.
Proposals should address:
- The idea you are exploring: Possible examples include: the gender gap in academic courses and/or career fields; bringing the outside world into BHS; involving BHS students in community involvement; exploring alternate teaching concepts; interdisciplinary research
- What is innovative about your idea? Recent examples of similar grants: Spring 2014 seed money for EPIC (Senior Year Alternative); Fall 2015 Innovation Summit; follow-up grant to develop the Mindfulness Initiative; Spring 2016 – Exploring Teaching Culture in World Language Classrooms; Spring 2017 – Online course design in the ACE program
- What is your outcome? For example: outline of a Program Proposal to the Fund for the fall of 2018; a presentation or seminar; a BHS event for students and/or parents; a white paper; a book proposal; an art or research project
Proposal Format: one page maximum description, one page maximum for budget
- Your contact information, your department
- Project Details:
- Name of project
- Description of project: When, where, what, who, why? How is it innovative? Why is it important for BHS and community?
- Proposed outcome of the project
- Project timeline
Planning Grants announced December 1, 2017
Applications due January 12, 2018
Winners announced early February, 2018
Completed projects presented at Across the Boards Meeting May 15, 2018