Have a great idea for BHS? We want to give you a fast and easy way to get funding to explore your inspiration. This year we are offering 4-8 Mini-Grants, of $500-$1500 each, to help you pursue your new idea. Grants are available to all faculty, individually or as a group, or to a faculty member who leads a student group.
The Innovation Fund mission is to support our community’s culture of innovation, academic experimentation, interdisciplinary collaboration, and engagement with ideas beyond BHS.
Proposals should address:
- What is the idea you are exploring? (possible examples include: exploring the gender gap in academic courses and/or career fields; bringing the outside world into BHS; involving BHS students in community actions; exploring alternate teaching concepts; interdisciplinary research, etc)
- What is innovative about your idea? (some examples include: Bringing authentic cultural experience into the world language curriculum, Everyday Science: interdisciplinary biology/chemistry lessons, a grant to develop the Mindfulness Initiative, seed money for developing EPIC)
- What are your outcomes? (some examples include: an outline for a Program Proposal to the Fund (Fall 2017); a BHS event or seminar for students and/or parents; a white paper; a book proposal; an art installation; or a school-wide initiative) The completed project will be presented to the Fund and in the newsletter (less than 500 words) at the end of this school year.
Proposal Format: (one page maximum, excluding budget)
- Your contact information
- Project Details:
- Name of project
- Project goal
- Description of project: When, where, what, who? How is it innovative?
- Proposed outcome of the project
- Project timeline
Mini-Grants announced early December
Applications due January 11, 2017
Winners announced January 23, 2017
Project completed by May 31, 2017
Project presented at Across the Boards celebration early June 2017